Washing machine is a cleaning agent that we use almost everyday. Since it does the cleaning job, we thought it wouldn’t need to be cleaned as well – the detergents kept it clean right? But it is time that we should pick up on the fact that cleaning a washing machine should be done on a regular schedule.
It is time to know more about your washing machine and how they are getting dirty. Soap residue and minerals in the detergents are apt to build up in the washing machine. Over time you would certainly notice that your clothes are not as clean as they should be. You’ll then think that you have just been putting too much garments in the same load or using too little detergent.
You don’t need to search further of what to do with your washer, you just need to read below and take notes of the how to’s:
How to Clean a Top Load Washer
You would need:
- 1 quart of bleach
- 1 quart of white vinegar
- Clean Cloth
(Kindly note: Mixing bleach and vinegar is dangerous, so be attentive – we will not be mixing the two.)
- Fill the washer with hot water, do it as if you are loading a large cycle.
- Add quart of bleach
- Let the full machine run for one minute to mix bleach and water together.
- Open the top of the machine and let it sit for an hour.
- After an hour, shit the cover again and let it run a complete cycle.
(Since the water will drain all the bleach, you won’t have a problem with our next step which is using the vinegar.)
- That would be the first full cycle. The next cycle is you fill the washer with hot water again, then add the quart of white vinegar to the water and down the bleach channel.
- After you clean the basin, you would need to spray the gaskets, dispenses and exterior of the machine with a solution of equal parts vinegar and water. Wipe everything down with a clean cloth.
How to Clean a Front Loading Washer
You would need:
- Distilled white vinegar
- Baking soda
- Spray Bottle
- Microfiber Cloth
- You would spray the washer drum with white vinegar. First you add white vinegar to a spray bottle and spritz the inside of the drum. You would wipe all around the washer with your microfiber cloth, leaving no surface untouched.
- Next is you carefully wipe around the rubber gaskets. It needs some serious TLC. You’ll probably find scum, mildew, and other unpleasant scraps. You don’t have a choice but to wipe them all away.
- Measure two cups of distilled whit vinegar and pour it directly into your washing machine’s detergent dispenser. After that, you run the washing machine with hot water.
- You would add baking soda directly into the drum of the washing machine by sprinkling it. Run the washer on the same settings with the highest and hottest cycle.
- Next, spritz your vinegar onto a microfiber cloth and wipe down the door and front of the washing machine. Wipe along the entire front of the machine, making sure that you get to clean the knobs and control panel too.
- Finally, you would just leave the door slightly open and letting the machine air dry
BUT THE REAL QUESTION: Do you really need to personally take care of your LONG Laundry Process?
When is the best time to do the laundry?
What are the options you have?
We wear clothes everyday and at the end of the day the pile of dirty clothes just keep on piling up…
Laundry services do not just keep you away from washing your clothes, but it is your ultimate solution to save money. With this service, it saves your time to do other things as well. You’ll also no longer have to spend on the cleaning products (and be prone to them knowing they are poisonous to humans). Think of the washing machines and their maintenance from the start!
With CleanBlink – Brooklyn and Manhattan’s premier provider of personalized laundry service with free pickup and delivery for all of our customers. Schedule your pickup weeks in advance or the night before. Put laundry day on a repeating schedule or just when you need it. No matter what your preference, CleanBlink has you covered with ease to use click and text scheduling and 24 hour turnaround your laundry day just got an upgrade.
Social Distancing is the new social norm, but we serve Laundry Day with a new definition, that is: Laundry-Free world in a click away!
Schedule yours now! https://www.cleanblink.com/sb/signup/